Onboarding a new data source
- Send us your public key. We will create an account and send you a username.
- Connect to drops.data-axle.com using your sftp tools.
- Deliver the files into this folder structure:
- Upload files to the new directory
Sending files over STFP requires a key. See the following options for using SFTP and generating a key.
Follow these instructions for using PuttyGen.
Keep the private key private. It will be used by Cyberduck below. The public key is used by Data Axle.
Cyberduck is a free cross-platform tool for accessing SFTP servers. You can download it on the Cyberduck website.
- Install the application
- Click 'Open Connection'
- Fill in:
- Server: drops.data-axle.com
- Username: (copy from step above)
- Password: (leave this blank)
- Private Key: Find the private key created above
- Click 'Connect'
- Accept the server's fingerprint, which should match
- Right click to create directories or drag and drop to upload files in the empty window